Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Last day of BMT!!

Phew... initially I thought the month would never end... but today is the last day of my BMT rotation... woohoo!!! At least I can sleep in tomorrow... can wake up at a decent time like 7 am...

Overall, it has been a good experience, though I kinda wished I learnt a little more about Allogenic transplants. I spent the month on the Autologous service, and although I had to cross-cover the Allo service at night, I did not have much to do with them.

One of my patients had asked me whether I found the month on BMT a useful learning experience.. I think that looking back now, the experience of seeing the patients at the different stages of their transplant was certainly educational... having the benefit of having patients ranging from pre-tranplant through to the immediate and latter phases of stem cell transplantation gave me a little insight into the often complicated process.

Certainly fell a lot more comfortable discussing stem cell transplantation with patients now...

Looking forward to call-free month of transfusion medicine... have to start studying for my internal medicine boards though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home